All About Smiles complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act please visit http://www.privacy.org.nz.
We collect personal information from you when you provide that information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration process OR through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email). Sometimes we may collect information from third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
Personal information that may be collected can include your:
- contact details
- interactions with us
- billing or purchase information
- dental and medical history
For the safety of our clients, we maintain records of any health or medical conditions which may indicate that a particular service or treatment should not go ahead, or a particular product should not be used. These health records are not used for any other purpose.
We collect your personal information in order to:
- verify your identity
- provide services and products to you
- market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- improve the services that we provide to you
- bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another entity within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- Police, EDUCANZ or other party in the nature of pre-employment checks
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand, for example, cloud storage and salon booking software.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. Client records are held securely within our salon software system and can only be seen by authorised members of our team.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk. If you post your personal information on the website’s [message board/ chat room], you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.